Lynda’s vision for moving the city’s school district forward includes:
- Advocate for restoring state funds to public education and seek out new funding sources, as well as ensure that the district spends wisely and in ways that directly benefit our students.
- Work to close the opportunity gap, by focusing on ways to level the playing field for all of our students, including improving access to early childhood education, focusing on reading proficiency in the primary grades, and increasing attendance rates.
- Make sure that we have effective leaders in all of our schools, who work to create a positive learning environment and encourage excellence.
- Help all students qualify for The Pittsburgh Promise, by setting achievement goals and providing an academic roadmap so students can see that this is within their reach.
- Grow our enrollment, by offering more quality programming in the arts, science, and technology, including added AP offerings and extracurriculars to attract and retain families to the district.
- Collaborate with the city and build more partnerships with universities, foundations and organizations to advance student achievement and offer a greater variety of learning opportunities.
- Work to ensure that all teachers receive the support they need to succeed and that we provide the supports necessary for all of our children to excel.